RESTORE CORAGHESSAN CAMPAIGN

the official international movement to bring back the beguiling middle name of author T.C. Boyle to all of his dust jackets and book covers

Friday, August 18, 2006

Little Red Hen (not her real name) confesses!

The Heroes and Villains column of bookmunch.com features this confession by Little Red Hen:
Three books by T Coraghessan Boyle sat on my bookshelves for a year or more without being touched.

I’d been working at his UK publisher Bloomsbury, doing work experience in their marketing department, trying to get a sniff at a publishing job and getting nowhere. One afternoon, up to my knees in copies of a book about Sothebys in the Bloomsbury basement, I spotted a big pile of T Coraghessan Boyle books and helped myself to three: The Tortilla Curtain, World’s End and East is East. It was a real magpie decision. I thought the guy had a cool name, thought I’d probably like his books, thought I’d check them out when my work experience was up in 14 days.

...Discovering a new author like this, it's like embarking on a love affair (you melt in a sizzle of anticipation like a pat of hot butter in a frying pan).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home