RESTORE CORAGHESSAN CAMPAIGN

the official international movement to bring back the beguiling middle name of author T.C. Boyle to all of his dust jackets and book covers

Sunday, August 13, 2006

More about changing his name to Coraghessan

From In conversation by Daniel Asa Rose, Washington Post, July 16, 2006

DAR: Speaking of identity, can you tell me something about why you changed your middle name, when you were 17, from John to Coraghessan?

TCB : Well, here too, I needed to establish that identity for myself. "Thomas John Boyle" was just too ordinary, like "Joseph David Smith." I hadn't begun to write yet, but I had all sorts of pretensions about being something or other, and I thought a nice fancy name would help. Coraghessan is a family name on my mother's side. Irish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home