RESTORE CORAGHESSAN CAMPAIGN

the official international movement to bring back the beguiling middle name of author T.C. Boyle to all of his dust jackets and book covers

Monday, September 04, 2006

screenscribbler's favorite TCB tale:

A new member of the official TCB messageboard tells this story -- another one for the archives!
[S]ome years ago, I was in Vroman's, and a man was asking a clerk for a book he had heard reviewed on the radio. He didn't know the title and said, "the author's name was something like 'Corrugated Doyle.'" The clerk was utterly clueless, so I leaned over the counter after the man had left and said quietly to her, "I think he means 'T. Coraghessan Boyle.'" I ended up going out with the clerk a few times, and that's pretty much the only thing I can remember about her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home